The River District

Building. Investing. Connecting.

Building. Investing. Connecting.

Procurement Incentives State and Local Opportunities

City, County and State Offer Purchasing Incentives

Purchases for commodities and nonprofessional services are made through the competitive bidding process, with bids awarded to the lowest responsible bidder. Professional service contract awards are made on a best value basis that is determined during the proposal evaluation process.

Vendors should complete a Vendor Registration Application that may be obtained by contacting the Procurement Services Division at (916) 808-6240. The City currently allows vendors located within the Sacramento City limits a 1% bid evaluation preference on taxable purchases. http://www.cityofsacramento.org/generalservices/procurement/

A small business certification provides bid preference and other incentives. To become certified, visit http://www.cityofsacramento.org/econdev/business-open/small-business-certification.cfm

Sacramento County purchases more than $100 million each year in goods and services with about half of that expenditure directed to small and/or local businesses. The County provides a local vendor preference of 5% for businesses located within Sacramento County and 2% for small businesses located in the six-county regional market (small local businesses in Sacramento County can qualify for both for a combined preference of 7%). Register online to do business with the County of Sacramento ( http://www.saccountybids.net/publicpurchase.aspx). To be added to the supplier’s list visit http://www.saccountybids.net/

The State of California purchases a wide variety of goods and services with annual purchases totaling almost $10 billion. The Procurement Division (PD) is the central purchasing authority for all State departments, agencies, institutions, community colleges, technical institutes and city or local boards of education. Register to do business with the State at http://bidsync.com/bidsync-links-plus/why-bidsync-links-plus.. The State may give up to a 5% bid preference to certified Small or Disabled Veteran Business Enterprises. For more SB/DVBE information go to http://www.dgs.ca.gov/pd/Programs/OSDS/GetCertified.aspx

Economic Engine

Long established businesses are among Sacramento's leading private and fastest growing companies. More »